I love to grill this time of year. Well, actually, I love to have my husband grill this time of year. The “dog days of August” might technically be over, but we’ve not quite gotten to fall here in the Midwest.
It’s still hot and humid, so the last thing that I want to do is to heat up the house by using the oven. With these delicious chicken fajitas, I don’t have to. I like to double my seasonings, the marinate the chicken breast in the seasonings for about 30 minutes, just to add extra flavor.
Then, while my husband grills the chicken breast, I saute the onions, peppers and garlic. The chicken and peppers can be served with a tortilla, but they’re just as good by themselves – not to mention you don’t have as many points. I like to serve my chicken fajitas with a side salad, and maybe some salsa too.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- Grill the chicken breast until the meat is white through and the juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the peppers and onion.
- In a large skillet, saute the peppers, onion and garlic in the oil over medium heat until the onions and peppers begin to soften.
- Once the chicken is cooked, thinly slice across the grain.
- Add the chicken to the skillet.
- Add the seasonings to the skillet and stir until well combined.
- Cook for 3 minutes, or until the seasonings are fragrant.
(OPTIONAL) Serve hot in tortillas, if desired.
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1/4th of dish
Each serving = 1Point*
*based only on ingredients with an SP Freestyle value