Cheesy Zucchini Quiche
This is a wonderful recipe to make up and then freeze for easy breakfasts. And it’s so quick to make – just mix everything together and you’re ready to go! It’s simple, delicious and elegant every time.
- 1 pie crust (9 inches)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 4 cups zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp mustard
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a pie plate with the pastry crust and crimp the edges.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and zucchini until tender. Set aside and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- While the zucchini mixture is cooling, whisk the eggs, seasonings and mustard until well combined.
- Add the zucchini mixture and cheese. Mix well.
- Spread the zucchini mixture into the prepared pastry shell.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes.
- If needed, cover the edges with foil in the last 15 minutes to prevent the crust from burning.
- Let the quiche rest for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Serve warm.
Preparation time: 25 minute(s)
Cooking time: 35 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is about 1 slice
Each serving = 8 Smart Points/6 Points
PER SERVING: 245 calories; 13.5g fat; 4.7g saturated fat; 24g carbohydrates; 3.1g sugar; 8.5g protein; 1.7g fiber