Rustic Vegetable Pasta
Nutritious and delicious whole grain pasta served with grilled vegetables. The whole dish is seasoned with Italian seasoning and balsamic vinegar. The lemon juice helps to keep the vegetables bright and beautiful while adding a refreshing summery flavor.
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 5 mini red sweet peppers, sliced
- 2 cups sugar snap pea pods
- 4 oz whole grain spaghetti
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Cook pasta according to package direction.
- Mix together the oil, vinegar, zucchini, carrots and peppers. Mix to toss well.
- Grill for 5 – 10 minutes, or until the vegetables begin to become tender.
- Add the sugar snap pea pods and grill for 1 minute.
- Mix together the vegetables, spaghetti, lemon juice and seasonings.
- Serve warm.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is about 1 1/2 cups (including 1 oz pasta)
Each serving = 5 Smart Points/3 Points
PER SERVING: 169 calories; 5g fat; .7g saturated fat; 19.5g carbohydrates; 2.6g sugar; 3.5g protein; 4.3g fiber