Chocolate Raspberry Torte
This elegant and beautiful chocolate torte will definitely become a family favorite. The cake is light and delicious without being too rich or chocolately. The chocolate glaze adds the perfect finish for this cake. The sweet raspberry jam and refreshing fresh raspberries add a tasty flavor to this wonderful dessert.
- Cake & Filling:
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 1/2 oz fresh raspberries (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- 5 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup half and half
- For the cake:
- Melt together the chocolate and butter in a double boiler or the microwave. Stir until smooth and well combined.
- Set and aside and allow to cool for 20 minutes before adding the vanilla and espresso powder.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs until they are doubled in volume (about 2 – 3 minutes on high speed).
- Add the sugar to the eggs and beat until shiny and smooth.
- Fold the beaten eggs into the chocolate mixture.
- Sprinkle in half of the almond flour, all purpose flour and salt and stir until combined
- Add the remaining flour and salt and stir until just combined.
- Evenly divide the batter into the pans.
- Bake for 14 – 16 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 30 minutes before glazing.
- Filling and Glazing:
- Place one cake on a cutting board or plate.
- Spread the raspberry jam over the top of the cake.
- Place the second cake on top of the filling.
- Melt together the chocolate and cream (in a double boiler or the microwave) until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Allow the glaze to cool for a few minutes before spreading over the cake.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries.
- Chill the cake until the glaze is set. Serve.
Preparation time: 30 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Number of servings (yield): 16
Culinary tradition: French
Entire recipe makes 16 servings
Serving size is about 1 slice
Each serving = 10 Smart Points/6 Points
PER SERVING: 227 calories; 14.5g fat; 8.4g saturated fat; 19.8g carbohydrates; 10.5g sugar; 5.3g protein; 1.3g fiber