Halibut En Papillote
Parchment paper makes this fish tender and moist. It’s served on a bed of lightly steamed vegetables. The garlic herb butter adds subtle flavor to the fish. Topped with fresh basil and summery lemon wedges makes this simple, elegant and delicious.
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh oregano, minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 zucchinis, sliced
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium red peppers, sliced
- 8 sheets parchment paper (16 x 14 inches each)
- 8 pieces halibut fillet (4 oz each)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Lemon wedges for serving, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Evenly divide the zucchinis, carrots and red peppers onto the middle of each parchment sheet.
- Place the fish on top of the vegetables.
- Evenly divide the butter mixture onto the top of the fish.
- Fold the parchment paper and make little packets by crimping the edges together.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Slice open the packets and sprinkle the basil over the fish.
- Serve garnished with lemon wedges (if desired).
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet tags: Reduced carbohydrate, High protein, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: French
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is about 1 packet (1 fillet with vegetables)
Each serving = 11 Smart Points/6 Points
PER SERVING: 406 calories; 12.8g fat; 4.1g saturated fat; 8.1g carbohydrates; 4.4g sugar; 32g protein; 4.3g fiber