Asian Burgers with Spicy Coleslaw
Tender and lean ground turkey with a delicious ginger soy seasoning topped with spicy coleslaw. These easy and tasty Asian burgers are great for a busy weeknight. You can also make them into sliders by simply making 12 mini burgers instead of 4 regular sized ones.
- 2 cups shredded cabbage (mixed green and red)
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp chives, minced
- 2 tsp cilantro, minced
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup fat free mayonnaise
- 3 – 4 tsp Sriracha sauce (optional)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 4 whole grain hamburger buns
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumbers
- In a bowl, combine the cabbage, rice vinegar, chives, cilantro, sugar, salt, mayonnaise and Sriracha sauce (if using). Mix well.
- Combine the ground turkey, soy sauce, ginger and ginger. Mix well.
- Form the ground turkey mixture into four equal patties.
- Grill the patties for 3 – 5 minutes per side, or until the center of the patties measures 165 degrees F.
- Toast the buns for 1 minute.
- Serve the burgers on the buns, topped with the slaw and cucumbers.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1 burger (3 oz) with bun and 1/2 cup slaw.
Each serving = 9 Smart Points/8 Points
PER SERVING: 318 calories; 10.7g fat; 3.1g saturated fat; 28.6g carbohydrates; 7.3g sugar; 27g protein; 5g fiber