Asian Marinated Vegetable Skewers
Grilling supper is great fun, not to mention healthy and easy with so few dishes to do! These grilled Asian marinated vegetables skewers are perfect to add a tasty and colorful side to grilled chicken breast, steak or fish.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 lb button mushrooms
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 1 yellow squash, cut into chunks
- 1 green zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1 each red, green and yellow bell pepper, into chunks
- 2 Tbsp sesame seed oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 4 – 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a bowl, whisk together the sesame seed oil, soy sauce, honey, garlic and ginger.
- In a large Ziploc bag, combine the vegetables and the marinade ingredients.
- Shake the bags to coat the vegetables with the marinade.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 12 hours. Turn the bags once if marinating for 30 minutes, or several times if marinating longer.
- Preheat the grill to medium high.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 10 minutes.
- Thread the vegetables onto the skewers. Reserve the marinade.
- Grill the skewers for 8-12 minutes, until the vegetables are tender. Brush the vegetables with the marinade each time they are turned.
- Serve hot.
Preparation time: 40 minute(s)
Cooking time: 12 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is about 2 skewers
Each serving = 4 Smart Points/2 Points
PER SERVING: 98 calories; 4g fat; .6g saturated fat; 14g carbohydrates; 6.6g sugar; 4g protein; 3g fiber