Next to grilling, I like baking chicken the best. It’s a great way to keep it moist and tender, not to mention easy. I like having my main dish baking, since I can get the rest of dinner finished while my main dish is baking. This easy Honey Dijon chicken is fabulous.
The glaze is just enough to give some flavor to the chicken and it helps to keep the juices in the breasts while baking them.
The red pepper flakes are really optional, but add a delicious spice to the chicken. It’s a great main dish to serve with a side of brown rice pilaf filled with vegetables. If you’re not a big fan of spicy foods, just leave the red pepper flakes out, or use less. It’ll still be delicious, but it won’t be spicy.
You can also grill the chicken, just spread the glaze on chicken once it’s been grilled. We’ll sometimes grill extra chicken breast, just to have it on hand (and because grill marks on chicken are pretty to photograph). Then all I have to do is add the glaze and pop it in the oven, covered, until it’s hot through.
It’s a great way to have lean protein on hand that I can just chop up and add to a salad for lunch. This delicious chicken breast is perfect for a weeknight, since it takes less than 30 minutes to have tender, juicy and flavorful chicken ready to eat.
HONEY DIJON CHICKEN
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 4 oz each)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp red pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9-inch x9-inch
- In a small bowl, combine the curry, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Rub half of the spice mixture on the chicken.
- Add the mustard, honey and red pepper flakes to the remaining spice mixture.
- Spread the mixture over the chicken.
- Bake, covered, until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.