As it’s cooler now, the garden produce is pretty much done, although we’ve had a pretty warm fall.
Thankfully, one of the things (or rather, two of the things) that are still keeping great since we brought them in are the pumpkins and squash. And with this hummus recipe, it’s perfect. Pureed pumpkin and roasted butternut squash combined with chickpeas and delicious seasonings to create a fall hummus.
This hummus recipe is wonderful with pita chips, but it’s also fabulous on carrots sticks as well. It’s a great snack and it holds well in the fridge for several days.
Since it has chickpeas in it (also called garbanzo beans), it’s packed with fiber, which means it helps to keep you full longer. It’s definitely a little spicy with cayenne pepper and chili powder, but you can always season it to taste.
Give this delicious fall hummus a try. It’ll give your day just the kick of flavor it needs!
- 15 oz canned chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 8 oz pumpkin puree
- 1 butternut squash (peeled, seeded, cubed and roasted)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a food processor, combine the chickpeas, pumpkin, butternut squash and olive oil.
- Process until smooth.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add the seasoning mixture to the hummus and stir well.