This delicious hummus has tons of fiber and even more flavor. Delicious pumpkin and squash add flavor and depth to this traditional recipe. The chili powder and cayenne add some heat. This is perfect for a snack with some vegetables.
- 15 oz chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 8 oz pumpkin puree
- 8 oz butternut squash puree
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pumpkin seeds for garnish, if desired
- In a food processor, combine the chickpeas, pumpkin, butternut squash and olive oil.
- Process until smooth.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add the seasoning mixture to the hummus and stir well.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds, if desired.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: Middle Eastern
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is about 1/4 cup
Each serving = 4 Smart Points/3 Points
PER SERVING: 117 calories; 4g fat; .5g saturated fat; 18g carbohydrates; 2.8g sugar; 3g protein; 3.3g fiber