Ramen Chicken Soup
Turn a college student’s favorite food into a delicious chicken soup with vegetables! It’s simple and tasty, a soup that’s easy to make and the whole family will love it.
- 1 pkg ramen noodles (discard sauce packet)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb roast chicken, shredded or cut into chunks
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- In a large pot, combine the broth, chicken, carrots and soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil and cook until carrots begin to soften.
- Add the noodles and cook for 4 – 6 minutes, or until tender.
- Garnish with green onions and serve.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet tags: Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 2 cups (4 oz chicken with noodles, vegetables and broth)
Each serving = 7 Smart Points/7 Points
PER SERVING: 295 calories; 7g fat; 3g saturated fat; 20g carbohydrates; 4g sugar; 37g protein; 2g fiber