Mashed Cauliflower “Potatoes”
Give this low carb alternative to mashed potatoes this holiday season. It’s easy, rich and creamy. Give it a try, and you’ll never want to go back to regular mashed potatoes again.
- 8 cups cauliflower florets (approximately 1 head)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup fat free buttermilk
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- Chives for garnish, optional
- Steam the cauliflower for 15 minutes, or until very tender.
- In a food processor, combine the cauliflower and garlic.
- Add the buttermilk, olive oil, butter, salt and pepper.
- Process until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Serve hot, garnished with chives, if desired.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced carbohydrate, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 3/4 cup
Each serving = 4 Smart Points/3 Points
PER SERVING: 107 calories; 6.7g fat; 1.4g saturated fat; 10g carbohydrates; 4.4 g sugar; 5.4g protein; 6.8g fiber