I love blueberry and mango together. It’s one of my favorite smoothie flavors, so I usually have frozen blueberries and mangos in the freezer. They’re great for smoothies, and blueberries are perfect to add to pancakes, scones, and muffins. This makes it perfect to have blueberries and mangos on hand to make some really delicious frozen yogurt pops. I don’t have the actual popsicle molds, but paper cups (avoid the ones with wax coating if possible) and wooden sticks work just as well. These are a great treat for me, they provide the sweet treat that I often crave in the afternoons. However, since it’s full of fruit and low-fat yogurt, it’s a much better option than candy or ice cream. These are just a great treat and they’re perfect for all the kids – the little ones and the big ones!
Blueberry Mango Yogurt Pops
The kids (big and little) will love these homemade yogurt pops. They’re ready to go into the freezer in minutes and perfect for a refreshing snack in the afternoon.
- 1 cup fresh or thawed blueberries
- 1 cup fresh or thawed mango chunks
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt, non-fat
- 1 medium banana
- 2 – 3 Tbsp honey, or to taste
- 2 limes, juiced
- Popsicle molds, or paper cups and sticks
- In a blender, combine the blueberries, mango, yogurt, banana, honey and lime juice.
- Add 1 cup of cold water.
- Puree until smooth.
- Evenly divide the mixture into the molds. Place the sticks into the molds and then freeze for at least 4 hours.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 0 minute(s)
Diet type: vegetarian
Diet tags: gluten free, low fat
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is about 1/2 cup
Each serving = 2 Smart Points/2 Points
PER SERVING: 86 calories; 1g fat;0g saturated fat;16g carbohydrates; 13g sugar;3g protein; 1g fiber