Of course you’re all familiar with my never ending quest to have new and yummy banana recipes.
This one fits the bill. It’s perfect for my brother too, who is lactose intolerant. It’s made with light coconut milk, but it’s not an overpowering flavor. Combined with the sweet banana pieces and the tender tapioca pearls, it’s a wonderful dessert.
I garnished it with another sliced banana, but you could also whip a little coconut milk and garnish it with a dab of that on top of the bananas. It’s a great dessert that really isn’t labor intensive.
It’s perfect if you want to serve something elegant and delicious for your dinner party, or just end a family dinner with a sweet treat.
You can chill the pudding in one large bowl, or, if you’re looking for a great way to make cute individual desserts, scoop the warm pudding into small ramekins and chill the pudding in those. Enjoy!
- 2 1/2 tbsp small pearl tapioca
- 14 oz light, unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 ripe bananas
- Soak the tapioca in a small bowl of water for 1 hour to soften the pearls.
- Meanwhile, combine the coconut milk, vanilla and sugar in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
- While the mixture is cooling, peel 3 bananas. Slice into lengthwise quarters and then chop into small chunks.
- Return the milk to the burner and add the drained tapioca and bananas over low heat.
- Cook, while stirring, until the mixture has thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly before chilling in the refrigerator until cold.
- Serve with the remaining banana sliced over the top.
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 1/2 cup
Each serving = 5 Points*
*based only on ingredients that have an SP Freestyle value