One of the things that I always look for on sale is chicken. I get it on sale and then freeze it until I come up with a delicious recipe that I want to use I for. This baked chicken is just the thing. I used chicken legs that still had bones and skin. I cooked them that way to help keep them moist and tender, but then removed the skin to eat them. Citrus goes so well with chicken, so the dressing is just perfect. A little lemon with a little tangy Dijon mustard and some garlic drizzled over the top. If you like a little more of the dressing flavor in your chicken, use skinless chicken and just bake it covered to keep it moist. I added a few vegetables, just to make it a little more appealing and have another serving of veggies for the meal. I also kept my rosemary whole, since I’m not a big fan of picking the twigs out of my food. That way, the flavor of the rosemary is added to the dish, but I can take it out before serving, just like bay leaves.
Lemon Rosemary Baked Chicken Leg
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon zested & juiced
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 3-4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour the olive oil mixture over the chicken.
- Add the onion, mushrooms, tomatoes and rosemary.
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes, or until the chicken juices run clear.