I’m always looking for new and delicious dressing recipes. I love to have salads, and one of the ways I like to keep my salads fresh and interesting is by changing up my dressings. I typically make my own dressing, since I can alter it however I want, and make enough for just a couple of salads. I wanted to try a tangy mustard dressing, and this one fits the bill. I like the tangy Dijon mustard and cider vinegar that is rounded out with the delicious shallots. I tried it with arugula, chicken breast and strawberries. It’s a delicious combination that is light and refreshing. The strawberries add enough sweet to complement the dressing perfectly, the arugula is light and fresh and the chicken adds the savory protein to help get you through to the next meal. It’s a simple and delicious salad that’s great for a quick lunch during the week.
- 8 cups arugula
- 4 chicken breast halves sliced & cooked (about 12 oz total)
- 2 cups strawberries chopped
- 2 Tbsp mustard seeds
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp shallot finely chopped
- In a small bowl or glass jar with lid, combine the dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Evenly divide the arugula between four large bowls or plates.
- Top with the chicken breast and strawberries.
- Drizzle on the dressing and serve.
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 2 1/2 cups
Each serving = 6 Smart Points/7 Points
PER SERVING: 264 calories; 17g fat; 3g saturated fat; 8g carbohydrates; 5g sugar; 21g protein; 2.4g fiber