Vegetable pasta is all the rage right now and one of my favorites is zucchini. It’s easy to do and has such as mild flavor that it goes with just about anything. It’s also a great way to add color to my meal without adding lots of carbs from regular pasta. Plus, I get another serving of vegetables, which is something I’ll never complain about. I wanted a pasta dish that is light and refreshing and doesn’t take too much work. I really was looking for a quick and easy lunch meal, and this fit the bill perfectly. While it’s not necessary to cook the zucchini before, I like to cook it a little in the olive oil and garlic so that it’s tender. The lemon juice really brightens the flavor and makes the whole dish seem light and fresh. It’s simple and delicious – perfect for a quick and healthy meal.
Zucchini Pasta with Feta
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 2 oz feta reduced fat
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- crushed red pepper to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- Spiral slice the zucchini and pat dry with a towel.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add the zucchini and sauté for 3 - 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the lemon juice and cook for another minute.
- In a large bowl, toss the zucchini, tomatoes, feta, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper.