Fresh strawberry muffins are one of my favorites. About a year ago, my mother-in-law gave me a recipe for fresh strawberry muffins that I fell in love with. They were so tender, delicious and moist.
The fresh strawberries made them really tasty. My only problem with them was the fact that they were a little involved to make. The way to get them to turn out perfectly involved sifting dry ingredients, creaming butter and sugar, and so on. I’m someone who likes to toss baking recipes together all in one bowl, mix and be done.
So I went on the search for a simple and delicious replacement for my favorite strawberry muffins. I found these blender muffins that were just perfect. Originally, they had bananas in the recipe, so I tried it without first and just added the strawberries. They’re OK that way, but the bananas add the extra moistness that they really needed to be tasty.
Everything, except the fresh strawberries, gets tossed in the blender (or food processor), pureed and then fold in the strawberries. They’re ready to go in just a few minutes, and bake in a few more minutes.
Fresh out of the oven they are just amazing. I’m really enjoying my new strawberry muffin recipe, especially since if I use gluten free oats, they’re gluten free, and have no need for me to adjust flours. They’re easy, tender, moist and really delicious.
They’re perfect for breakfast or snack – whether they’re fresh and warm or leftover.
Strawberry Blender Muffins
- 2 cups oats
- 2 large bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup non fat, plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups fresh strawberries chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a muffin tin or line with muffin papers. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the oats, bananas, eggs, yogurt, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla and salt.
- Process or blend until smooth.
- Fold in the strawberries.
- Evenly divide the batter into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Entire recipe makes 12 servings
Serving size is about 1 muffin
Each serving = 5 Smart Points
PER SERVING: 162 calories; 3g fat; .8g saturated fat; 25.4g carbohydrates; 3.7g sugar; 6.9g protein; 3.8g fiber