I don’t know about you, but the thought of tofu burgers, isn’t very appealing. Granted, I’m not a vegetarian or vegan (in fact, I love meat), however, I’m all about great tasting options that are packed with nutrients. That’s where these delicious quinoa and black bean burgers come in. I’ll admit, my husband isn’t a fan, but that’s because he doesn’t like quinoa. I love the flavor of these.
It’s rich and nutty, and it’s obviously made with real foods. They’re so easy to make, just combine everything in a food process and then make your patties. They’re great to grill, pan fry, bake or broil. While they can be eaten plain, I found one of the best ways to eat them is served with a side of caprese salad. The juicy tomatoes, basil, a little fresh mozzarella and a dash of balsamic really brought the flavors out of these burgers.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained, 15 oz
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil
- In a food processor combine all the ingredients.
- Pulse until the mixture is well combined and ground.
- Form the mixture into 6 patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook the patties for about 3-5 minutes per side, or until brown and heated through.
- Serve warm with sides and toppings of choice.