At the moment I’m not supposed to eat lunch meat, so when it came time to have a packed lunch, I knew just the thing – chicken salad. Leftover roast chicken is perfect for this salad. I love to add in the celery, grapes and apple then season the yogurt with cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. It gives the salad a wonderful aroma and an even better flavor.
Since plain yogurt can be a bit bitter and strong, I added a little bit of mayonnaise to tone down the flavor a little. It worked perfectly to give the salad a more rounded flavor. Using lettuce leaves for this recipe means that I don’t have to worry about too many points for my lunch with a wrap. However, if you feel like you’d prefer a wrap, use a whole grain, high protein and high fiber wrap to give you wrap without so many points.
For me, this chicken salad is perfect. It’s savory and delicious, plus it uses leftovers. It also made enough that I was able to have it for a couple of lunches and a snack as well. I’m looking forward to using up some more leftover chicken with this one for this coming week’s lunches.
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast (chopped)
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup red grapes (sliced)
- 1 medium apple (chopped)
- 1/2 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fat free mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 6-8 large lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, celery, grapes, and apple. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the yogurt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- Combine the dressing in with the chicken and mix until well combined.
- Dish the chicken salad into the lettuce leaves and serve immediately.
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 2 lettuce leaves with 1 cup salad
Each serving = 1 Points*
*based only on ingredients that have an SP Freestyle value