If you haven’t heard of the Instant Pot recipes craze, then you came to the right place today! Instant Pot is a multi-cooker that does the job of a slow cooker, electric pressure cooker, rice cooker, steamer, yogurt maker, sauté/browning pan, and warming pot. It’s a single appliance that does the job of seven different kitchen appliances or tools. And it’s kind of amazing.
I bought it to replace my slow cooker, and I’m so glad I did! The best feature of the Instant Pot, by far, is the electric pressure cooker aspect. I’ve been able to cook meals SO much faster, and with little effort, which is key for my busy lifestyle.
My Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken Recipe has always been a reader favorite here at LaaLoosh, so today, I’m sharing my new Weight Watchers Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken recipe that will be ready in less than an hour!! That’s right…you read me correctly…a WHOLE chicken in LESS THAN 1 HOUR. Yes, the Instant Pot is that amazing.
A few minutes of prep and seasoning, and then the Instant Pot does its magic. The high pressure allows for the chicken to cook in way less time than the slow cooker, and the end result is still ridiculously tender and juicy chicken. In fact, mine was so tender, it was completely falling apart, as you can see in the picture.
My family will often just eat the chicken as our dinner, or I will use it to cook a whole chicken which I will the shred up and divide for other recipes that use rotisserie chicken, that I will cook later in the week.
If you are following the Weight Watcher Points Plan, one important thing to note is that the nutritional information and Smart Points value will vary depending on which parts of the chicken are consumed. The data I have posted here is calculated based on an average of the nutritional data for the whole chicken with the skin removed.
- 1 4 lb whole chicken
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth or water
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tbsp avocado oil or coconut oil
- Remove all parts from the cavity of the chicken; rinse well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine spices and oil in a small bowl, forming a paste. Rub the mixture all over both sides of the chicken.
- Preheat your Instant Pot on “saute” on normal. Once it is well-heated, place chicken in pot, breast side down. Allow to cook for about 3-4 minutes to brown and crisp the skin. Carefully flip the chicken over to the other side, and let it crisp up the skin on that side for another 2- 3 minutes.
- Turn off Instant Pot and add in chicken stock. Place lid on top and lock it. Set to manual high pressure for 25 minutes. Allow the Instant Pot to naturally depressurize, without manually releasing the valve. This takes about 15 minutes.
- Remove lid and transfer chicken to a serving platter. Spoon over some juices from the pot to keep the chicken nice and juicy.
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1/6th of chicken, skin removed
**Each serving = 1-6 Points*
*based only on ingredients that have an SP Freestyle value
**The nutritional information and Points value will vary depending on which parts of the chicken are consumed. The data I have posted here is calculated based on an average of the nutritional data for the whole chicken with the skin removed.