Spice things up a bit with this lovely Moroccan Carrot Dip recipe, and wow your guests with originality! Perfect for a party appetizer, served with fresh cut veggies, pita bread or pita chips, this easy vegan dip also adds a bold, exotic flavor to wraps or sandwiches.
The striking flavors of the spices, the sweet carrots, and the tangy lemon juice and vinegar in this recipe, work together in perfect harmony to create a rich, creamy and flavorful dip that is both delicious and healthy. With the holidays fast approaching, keep this dip in mind to serve at your holiday gathering, or to take to a potluck or party.
- 1 lb carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add carrots and some salt, and cook until carrots soften, about 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and all the spices, and cook for about 1 minutes. Add the water and bring to a low simmer. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until carrots turn tender, about 15 minutes.
- about 15 minutes. Transfer carrots to a bowl, and mash with a fork. Stir in remaining olive oil, lemon juice, and the vinegar. Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes. Season with additional salt and pepper before serving.
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1/3 cup
Each serving = 2 Points*
*based only on ingredients that have an SP Freestyle value