One of my all time favorite Weight Watchers holiday salad recipes, I’ve made this Pomegranate, Apple, and Date Salad Recipe more times than I can recall! Not only is it lovely, but it’s super easy, and it works well as a complement to many meals.
Traditionally, it’s always on my table every Rosh Hashanah, as it’s full of my foods that are symbolic of the holiday. But I also will bring it to a Christmas dinner party, or serve it along with Thanksgiving dinner. It’s just such a lovely and delicious salad that is always a hit. Sometimes I’ll add some crumbled gorgonzola, blue cheese, or brie wedges, other times I may sub out the dates with fresh figs or persimmon. Sooooo good!!
I’ve even made this for lunch and by adding some grilled chicken breast on top. Such a simple, versatile salad recipe that is as pleasing to the palette as it is to the eye. Enjoy!
- 1 6 oz bag of arugula
- 1/2 a small red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 medium apple (cored and diced)
- 6 dried dates (chopped)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, honey, and salt & pepper.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Pour in dressing and toss to combine.
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 1 cup
Each serving = 4 Points*
*based only on ingredients that have an SP Freestyle value