Some people spend all day long cooking their Rosh Hashanah dinner, but I am all about quick and easy meals overs here! This Roasted Honey-Soy Glazed Chicken recipe is an incredibly easy dish to make that requires just a handful of ingredients, but is a mouthful of wonderful flavors. A little sweet, a little salty, a little smoky…all the good tastes are there. But I don’t need to spend all day slaving away in a hot kitchen.
We have no extended family nearby, so it’s usually just me, my husband, and the kids around on the holiday. Making huge, festive holiday meals is pointless, but I still want to make a meal that is special, delicious, symbolic of the holiday. Which makes this tasty chicken dish an ideal Weight Watchers Rosh Hashanah recipe.
And if you don’t celebrate Rosh Hashanah, no worries! This Roasted Honey-Soy Glazed Chicken is an easy and versatile meal to serve any day! While we have it with challah bread, it works great with steamed rice an veggies too. L’Shana Tova!
- 2 lbs chicken thighs (skinless, boneless)
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 6 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Whisk together all ingredients, except the chicken, in a medium sized bowl. Add in the chicken, cover and marinate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place chicken in a baking dish, and roast, uncovered, for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Baste with pan juices every 10 minutes.
- Turn oven up to broil, and cook for 5 minutes more to get a nice browning crust on the chicken.
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 1 1/2 thighs
Each serving = 3 Points*
*based only on ingredients that have an SP Freestyle value