This incredibly tasty Grilled Eggplant with Tomatoes and Feta Recipe is as lovely to look at as it is to eat. Just 3 Points + per serving makes it a perfect Weight Watchers Vegetarian Recipe idea. I served it as a low calorie side dish with some roasted chicken, and it complemented the meat perfectly. It’s so fresh and flavorful, and is a great idea for a summer recipe to serve a t a dinner party or potluck. I wasn’t a fan of eggplant recipes until I traveled to Israel and tried a few eggplant dishes there. I am so glad I did! Now I adore eggplant and am always on the lookout for delicious new Weight Watchers Eggplant Recipes to try. They are delicious and FULL of fiber, so they can definitely help to bulk up a dish. But this lovely and simple grilled eggplant recipe was perfect as is, and will definitely be something I’ll be making again.
Grilled Eggplant with Tomatoes and Feta
A beautiful, delicious and healthy vegetable side dish recipe, this Grilled Eggplant with Tomatoes and Feta is a real treat. It makes a great vegetarian lunch or dinner, or goes well paired with some roasted chicken or grilled steak.
- 1 large eggplant
- 3 large heirloom tomatoes, to closely match the diameter of the eggplant
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced fat feta cheese crumbles
- Juice from half a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut of the eggplant crosswise into ½” thick rounds. Lightly season them with salt and leave them for 30 minutes on a side to let water to come out of the eggplant.
- Lightly mist each slice with an olive oil mister and grill them on a grill rack that’s been lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray for about 2-3 minutes each side.
- Finely chop the basil leaves, and combine with olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt & pepper.
- Cut the tomatoes to 1/4” thick rounds.
- Spray a small baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Arrange 4 eggplant rounds side by side.
- Spread about 1/2 tablespoon of the basil-garlic mixture on top of each one, then sprinkle feta crumbs. Top each with tomato rings. Add another layer of eggplant, basil spread, feta and tomato rounds and top with the rest of the crumbled feta.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 45 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Middle Eastern
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 stack
Each serving = 3 Points +
PER SERVING: 119 calories; 5g fat; 14g carbohydrates; 4g protein; 6g fiber