An easy and healthy dinner idea, this Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Alfredo Recipe is all kinds of good! Full of flavor, and smothered in creamy Alfredo sauce, it’s hard to believe that each serving is just 5 Points +. The jarred Alfredo sauce makes this a super easy dinner recipe, and it aso helps to cut down on the calories a lot. And bulking up the Alfredo sauce with a bit of non-fat Greek yogurt helps add protein and texture without adding a lot more Points. The end result is perfect – a rich and creamy Pasta Alfredo. The added mushrooms and roasted red peppers help contribute delicious flavors and also help add some bulk to the dish, giving you more bang for your buck. Pair this Alfredo pasta recipe with a low calorie salad and you’ve got a fantastic Weight Watchers dinner that tastes amazing and will still keep you on track to reaching your weight loss goals.
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Alfredo
A creamy and flavorful pasta dish, it’s hard to believe it is Weight Watchers friendly! Who says you can’t have pasta Alfredo when dieting? This is one delicious pasta recipe!
- 8oz Ronzoni Smart Taste Pasta, dry
- 1 cup Classico Light Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 8oz package mushroom slices
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray, and place red pepper strips on it , and allow to cook for about 20 minutes, and then add in the mushroom slices and garlic slices and return to oven.
- Continue cooking until the skins on the peppers begin to blacken well, about another 10 minutes or so. Transfer red pepper strips to a sealed Tupperware container and let sit until strips cool. Set aside mushrooms & garlic.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package instructions.
- When pasta is ready, drain and transfer to a large pot.
- Peel skin off cooled red pepper strips and add into pasta. Heat jarred alfredo sauce in a medium sized sauce pan, and add in mushrooms and garlic to it.Heat until warmed through and hot, about 5-8 minutes.
- Stir in Alfredo sauce, yogurt into pasta and peper mix and add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well, to combine. Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 1 ¼ cup
Each serving = 5 Points +
PER SERVING: 178 calories; 4g fat; 32g carbohydrates; 9g protein; 4g fiber