Radish Salad Recipe – 1 Points +
After getting my hands on a bunch of fresh radishes, I went on the lookout for a light and fresh radish salad recipe that was sweet enough to take the bitterness out of the radishes, but not be high in Weight Watchers Points. Sunny Anderson from Food Network had a great one, so I used that as my guideline and altered her original version a bit. It turned out really, really good! My 1 year old daughter ate a ton of it! It’s so fresh and summery tasting, and each serving has just 1 Points +. It took me some extra time to julienne all of those little radishes, but the smaller pieces allowed fore more of the sweet and tangy dressing to be absorbed. This helped get rid of the bitter taste of the radish. However, if you don’t mind that taste, then I’d suggest chopping your radishes into wedges if you want a quicker prep time. But this Radish Salad Recipe is a great side to your favorite summer meal or picnic. Enjoy!
A sweet and tangy radish salad recipe that is really low in Weight Watchers Points and still tastes great. This dish is fresh, light, and full of flavor! It makes a perfect low calorie side dish to any summer meal and a great idea to serve at a summer BBQ in place of heavier, mayo based salads.
- 1lb radishes, thinly sliced or julienned
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 of a medium sized red onion
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk together the orange juice, lime juice, olive oil and sugar, until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add in remaining ingredients, and season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving , and make sure to toss the salad at the half point of its time in the fridge.
- Mix well before serving, and add additional salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve cold or room temperature.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, Raw
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about ¾ cup
Each serving = 1 Points +
PER SERVING: 60 calories; 3.5g fat; 6g carbohydrates; 1g protein; 2g fiber