Crock Pot Pumpkin Lentil Stew Recipe – 4 Points +
Well, fall is officially here (since Saturday!) and it’s time for some of the best Weight Watchers Fall Recipes to start making their way to my blog. To kick things off, I decided to do this Crock Pot Pumpkin Lentil Stew. It’s a very healthy dish that’s incredibly filling, and is an excellent Weight Watchers Vegan recipe for those who eat Vegan (just leave off the yogurt). I fed this to my 13 month old, and she LOVED it. Simmering in the crock pot all day made everything so tender and flavorful…the spices were perfect. And the lime juice gives it just a bit of zing. In fact, the next time I make this, I will use more lime juice. If you want a good, hearty fall stew recipe that will really fill you up for just 4 Points +, then this Crock Pot Pumpkin Lentil Stew is your ticket. Enjoy!
Crock Pot Pumpkin Lentil Stew
A perfect fall crock pot recipe, this Pumpkin Lentil Stew is not only hearty and delicious, but very healthy and satisfying. A great low calorie recipe idea for a chilly fall day.
- 2lbs fresh pumpkin, cut into bite sized pieces (butternut squash can also be used)
- 1 cup green lentils
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups fat free vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt (or more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a 4qt slow cooker, combine all ingredients except yogurt and cilantro. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- When ready to serve, top each serving portion with an heaping tablespoon of yogurt and some fresh cilantro.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 6 hour(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 1 1/4cup
Each serving = 4 Points +
PER SERVING: 173 calories; 0g fat; 32g carbohydrates; 11g protein; 10g fiber