Spicy Roasted Acorn Squash Wedges – 2 Points +
Most acorn squash recipes I’ve tried are sweet and simple, with a basic flavor palette. But I was determined to come up with something a bit more unique, with bold flavors. So with some acorn squash that I just received in my most recent Farm Fresh to You package, I got to work coming up with a tangy and spicy topping for my roasted acorn squash wedges. And I hit the jackpot with a Chile Lime Vinaigrette that I was actually planning on using for my salad. Instead, I drizzled it over the roasted squash, and it was absolutely delicious. The contrast of the sweet, delicate squash with the tangy citrus and spicy chile peppers was perfect. Both my husband and I devoured it. I used cayenne peppers in my vinaigrette because I like things very spicy, but just about any chile would work. If you prefer something more mild, I’d suggest seeded jalapenos, Anaheim peppers, or even red bell peppers. This would make a perfect healthy and unique Christmas side dish recipe! And each serving is just 2 Points + each, making it an ideal Weight Watchers Recipe. Enjoy!
Spicy Roasted Acorn Squash Wedges
A unique and spicy twist on a basic roasted acorn squash recipe, these amazingly delicious squash wedges are roasted and then drizzled with a tangy chile lime vinaigrette.
- 1 medium sized acorn squash, cut into 12 wedges
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chile peppers, minced (I used Cayenne, but any kind will work)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and mist with cooking spray.
- Arrange squash wedges on baking sheet, and then lightly mist with an olive oil mister, and sprinkle with ½ of the salt.
- Roast squash in oven until tender, about 25- 30 minutes.
- While squash is roasting, combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Transfer squash to a platter, sprinkle with paprika, drizzle with the vinaigrette and serve.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 3 wedges
Each serving = 2 Points +
PER SERVING: 80 calories; 3.5g fat; 11g carbohydrates; 1g protein; 2g fiber