These yummy, Pan Seared Tuna Patties are the perfect way to put a unique twist on the traditional tuna sandwich recipe. Just two of these tuna patties are only 4 Points +, which makes it an ideal Weight Watchers lunch. I served mine with a side of salsa, but next time, I’m going to melt some reduced fat cheddar over them for an added flavor boost. They were super easy to make too. They come out crisp and golden on the outside, and warm and soft on the inside. They made a great lunch for my 20 month old…a lot less messy than tuna salad! Loaded with protein and tons of flavor, these Pan Seared Tuna Patties are delicious, healthy and a great low Points meal. Enjoy!
Pan Seared Tuna Patties
These delectable tuna patties make a great Weight Watchers lunch recipe. Pan seared until crisp and golden on the outside and warm and soft on the inside. Try topping with a slice of reduced fat cheddar cheese for an added flavor boost.
- 2 5-6oz cans chunk light tuna in water, drained
- 3 scallions, diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Heat oil in a large, nonstick skillet, set over medium high heat.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all remaining ingredients. Using a 1/3 cup measure of tuna mixture, tuna mixture, shape into 8 patties, and place into skillet, working in batches as necessary to avoid over-crowding pan. Using fingers or a spatula, gently flatten tuna patty to about ¼” thick.
- Cook tuna patties until crisp and golden brown on each side, about 2 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Diet type: Pescatarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 2 tuna patties
Each serving = 4 Points +
PER SERVING: 158 calories; 5.5g fat; 7g carbohydrates; 21g protein; 0g fiber