Crock Pot Chicken Philly Cheese Steak Recipe – 7 Points +
I can honestly say, I have NEVER met a single soul who doesn’t love Philly Cheese steak sandwiches. And with good reason – these meaty sandwiches are beyond delicious. Traditionally made with steak, and topped with green peppers, onions and melted cheese, a cheese steak can be waaaaaaay too many Weight Watchers Points to enjoy on a regular basis. But by using chicken breast and a reduced fat provolone cheese instead, I was able to bring the Points down to a reasonable 7 Points + per sandwich, including the roll. I used Trader Joe’s Artisan rolls because they are low in Points and taste amazing, but the square shape make them not as fancy as the traditional hoagie roll used in cheese steak recipes. Also, I used a whole slice of provolone on each sandwich, so it ended up covering most of the chicken and veggies which makes it harder for you to see the insides of the sandwich based on my photo. But, you guys, this sandwich is SO good! Oh, and did I mention it’s all prepared in a crock pot? That’s righ…quick, easy, and delicious, this Crock Pot Chicken Philly Cheese Steak Recipe is a must make.
Crock Pot Chicken Philly Cheese Steak
A low calorie Philly Cheese Steak Recipe that’s made with well-seasoned chicken instead delivers one amazing meal! The vegetables along with the tender and juicy chicken, are in prepared in the slow cooker making the meal prep a snap while keeping the meat moist and full of delicious flavor.
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp light butter
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 green peppers, thinly sliced
- 6 slices reduced fat provolone cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp steak seasoning
- 6 small rolls (I used Trader Joe’s Artisan Rolls)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice chicken into thin strips. Toss in a bowl with salt, pepper, and steak seasoning.
- Place butter in crock pot. Place onions and green peppers on top, then add in the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Divide chicken, onions and peppers evenly amongst rolls. Top with a slice of provolone cheese and place in toaster oven for about 2 minutes on toast setting to melt cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 4 hour(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 sandwich
Each serving = 7 Points +
PER SERVING: 313 calories; 6.5g fat; 28g carbohydrates; 29g protein; 2.5g fiber