There is no other flavor that says spring/summer to me that basil, tomato and mozzarella. I absolutely love the flavors of a Caprese salad, so I decided to combine them with whole wheat pasta to get a larger, more filling dish to satisfy a larger group of people. My Caprese Pasta Salad is a perfect Weight Watchers side dish recipe to bring to a potluck or barbecue, and each delicious serving is just 6 Points +. It’s a quick, easy to make pasta salad recipe that combines a few simple ingredients to deliver a fresh and marvelous flavor combination. Though this dish is filling, the flavors are so fresh and light, and perfect to enjoy for a summer evening dinner or a spring afternoon lunch. If you are a fan of traditional Caprese salad, then this Caprese Pasta Salad Recipe is a must make.
Caprese Pasta Salad
This is an incredibly fresh and delicious pasta salad recipe that is a crowd pleaser every time. By bulking up a traditional Caprese Salad with pasta, you get a more filling dish that still delivers that garden-fresh flavor.
- 8 oz whole wheat pasta
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cubes or slices, roughly chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside in a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 450 and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Mist with non-fat cooking spray. Arrange tomatoes and garlic onto baking sheet. Mist lightly with olive oil mister or non-fat cooking spray and roast in oven for about 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, and oregano. Pour over pasta and toss to coat.
- When the tomatoes are ready, add and any drippings from the pan into the pasta along with the mozzarella, and basil. Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Italian
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 2/3 cup
Each serving = 6 Points +
PER SERVING: 237 calories; 8g fat; 31g carbohydrates; 9g protein; 4g fiber