Thai Shrimp Salad Recipe – 5 Points +
This Thai Shrimp Salad Recipe was something I literally came up with and executed in about 20-25 minutes. I had just experimented with a Shrimp Spring Roll Recipe the day before which was FANTASTIC (recipe coming soon), and I just could not stop craving the flavors. Plus, I had some leftover ingredients on hand. So, I tossed together the salad, softened the saifun bean thread noodles, and whisked up the dressing. It was absolutely delicious and very filling for just 5 Points +. The saifun bean threads really help add some bulk to the salad without adding a lot of extra Points. The shrimp and peanut lime dressing provide the protein. It was one very satisfying salad. Next time I make it though, I’ll add more vegetables…like some small sweet red peppers and sugar snap peas. I was just in such a hurry to eat, I didn’t take the time to get too creative and add a lot of color like I usually try to do. I just needed that salad in my belly…ASAP! And don’t be intimidated by the “saifun bean threads”…they are just cellophane noodles or “glass noodles”…you should be able to find them in the Asian section of your grocery store. If you aren’t concerned about Weight Watchers Points, add some peanuts for extra crunch and deliciousness.
Thai Shrimp Salad
This easy and delicious Thai salad makes the perfect Weight Watchers lunch recipe that can be prepared quickly and easily. The peanut lime dressing is divine and adds tremendous flavor to the dish.
- 8 oz medium size cooked shrimp, room temperature
- 6 cups baby greens
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 small Persian cucumbers (or 1 large regular cucumber)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Better’n Peanut Butter
- 1 bunch (1.75oz uncooked) saifun bean threads (glass noodles)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- Juice from 1 lime
- Soften the saifun bean threads but placing them in a large bowl and then pouring boiling water over them. Let sit in the water for 20 min. Then drain, and chop a bit so they are easy to divide.
- In a large bowl, toss together the baby greens, onions, cilantro, mint leaves, and cucumbers.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, lime juice, red pepper flakes, vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic and brown sugar.
- Divide greens evenly onto 4 plates. Then top each plate with ¼ of the noodles, ¼ of the shrimp and ¼ of the dressing. Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Diet type: Pescatarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Thai
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 salad
Each serving = 5 Points +
PER SERVING: 183 calories; 5g fat; 25g carbohydrates; 10g protein; 2g fiber