Delicious and satisfying, this healthy Spinach and Artichoke Quiche Recipe is one of go to, reliable breakfast recipes.
It’s packed with protein, calcium and vitamins, so even if you decide to indulge and have 2 servings, you won’t be going overboard on your points.
My whole family loved this tasty, low calorie quiche recipe, and I loved the full feeling I had after eating it! If you are looking for healthy recipes that are weight watchers friendly, you’ve gotta give this Artichoke and Spinach Quiche a try!
SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE QUICHE RECIPE
- 1 medium red onion - (thinly sliced)
- 1 13 oz can of artichoke hearts
- 1 cup fresh spinach - (roughly chopped)
- ½ tsp dried tarragon
- 1 tbsp parsley - (finely chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves - (minced)
- ½ cup fat free milk
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup low fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 9-inch pie plate with non-fat cooking spray.
- Boil 4 cups of water in a medium saucepan.
- Spray a medium skillet with non-fat cooking spray and put over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic until softened, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Add spinach and cook until spinach begins to wilt. Then, add artichoke hearts, tarragon and parsley, and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together milk, eggs, 1/2 cup of cheese, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Pour into prepared pie plate. Scatter garlic & onion mixture evenly over egg mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese and the parmesan cheese.
- To bake quiche, create a water bath: Set a large sheet pan with sides on a flat surface. Place pie plate on sheet pan. Pour hot water around pie plate so it goes 1/2 inch up sides of pie plate (do not get water on quiche). Carefully lift sheet pan to prevent splattering water and place in oven. Bake in water bath until quiche is set in center, about 45 minutes.
- To remove pie plate from water bath, slide 2 large spatulas under pie plate and remove pie plate from oven (make sure to wear oven mitts). Leave sheet pan in oven so water can cool before removing pan from oven.
- Turn oven to broil. Broil quiche 3 inches from heat until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.