Delicious and satisfying, this healthy Spinach and Artichoke Quiche Recipe will have you love being a weight watcher! Packed with protein, calcium and vitam1 Point, so even if you decide to indulge and have 2 servings, you won’t be going overboard on your Weight Watchers Points. My whole family loved this tasty, low calorie quiche recipe, and I loved the full feeling I had after eating it! If you are looking for healthy recipes that are weight watchers friendly, you’ve gotta give this Artichoke and Spinach Quiche a try!
Spinach and Artichoke Quiche Recipe
Enjoy this delicate and delicious Spinach and Artichoke Crustless Quiche Recipe without an ounce of guilt. With just 1 Point per serving, this is a meal that will make any weight watcher jump for joy.
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 13oz can of artichoke hearts
- 1 cup fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, regular Almond Breeze
- 1 cup liquid egg substitute (like EggBeaters)
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup low fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- non-fat cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 9-inch pie plate with non-fat cooking spray.
- Boil 4 cups of water in a medium saucepan.
- Spray a medium skillet with non-fat cooking spray and put over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic until softened, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Add spinach and cook until spinach begins to wilt. Then, add artichoke hearts, tarragon and parsley, and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together Almond Breeze, egg substitute, egg whites, 1/2 cup of cheese, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Pour into prepared pie plate. Scatter garlic & onion mixture evenly over egg mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese and the parmesan cheese.
- To bake quiche, create a water bath: Set a large sheet pan with sides on a flat surface. Place pie plate on sheet pan. Pour hot water around pie plate so it goes 1/2 inch up sides of pie plate (do not get water on quiche). Carefully lift sheet pan to prevent splattering water and place in oven. Bake in water bath until quiche is set in center, about 45 minutes.
- To remove pie plate from water bath, slide 2 large spatulas under pie plate and remove pie plate from oven (make sure to wear oven mitts). Leave sheet pan in oven so water can cool before removing pan from oven.
- Turn oven to broil. Broil quiche 3 inches from heat until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 50 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: French
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1/6th of quiche
Each serving = 1 Point
PER SERVING: 133 calories; 2g fat; 1g carbohydrates; 10g protein; 3g fiber