Lately, I have just been beyond tired of chicken salads.
I need to eat light to keep my Weight Watchers Points low, but I was craving some red meat. I remembered that I had some leftover roast beef lunch meat in the fridge and I decided to put it to use in a Roast Beef Salad Recipe that I had at a restaurant in NY.
Of course the Roast Beef Salad I had there was a lot higher in calories, so I slimmed down the restaurant version to make it more Weight Watchers friendly.
Using the butter lettuce instead of the Romaine Lettuce I always use was definitely a nice change too. And the mustard balsamic vinaigrette dressing complemented the roast beef and the blue cheese perfectly. It was amazingly delicious.
And at just 5 Points per salad, I was able to indulge in a tasty dessert afterward. This easy salad recipe is definitely a keeper!
Roast Beef Salad Recipe
- 4 cups butter lettuce
- 4 oz lean roast beef lunch meat
- 2 small Roma tomatoes - chopped into wedges
- 1 small red onion - chopped into wedges
- ¼ cup reduced fat crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp water
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Evenly divide the lettuce, roast beef, tomato, onion, and blue cheese among 2 bowls.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, water, mustard, salt and pepper, and then drizzle over the salads.