The incredible flavors of fall/winter are featured in this savory Braised Sage and Rosemary Chicken Recipe. Simmered in white wine and tomato based broth, this low calorie chicken recipe is light and flavorful and boasts just 4 Points per serving.
It makes a wonderfully easy weeknight dinner idea but is also lovely enough for me to suggest it as a Weight Watchers Christmas dinner recipe. I like to serve it over polenta, but it would also work really well on pasta or roasted vegetables.
Each serving is just 4 Points, making it a fantastic Weight Watchers recipe that delivers a lot of flavor and protein, with very minimal carbs and fat. Enjoy!
Braised Sage and Rosemary Chicken Recipe
- 1 Skillet
- 24 oz skinless - boneless chicken breasts (I used 6 4oz breasts)
- 1 large onion - diced
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary - minced
- 2 tsp fresh sage - minced
- 4 whole cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Spray a large, deep, nonstick skillet with nonfat cooking spray and set over medium high heat.
- Cook chicken until browned on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Deglaze the pan with about 1 tbsp of the wine, and then add in the onion and garlic and sauté until tender and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in salt & pepper, sage, rosemary, and cloves, and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add in tomato paste and wine, and bring to a boil while stirring up the browned bits.
- Return the chicken to the pan, and add in the broth. Bring to a simmer and then reduce heat to medium low and cook until chicken is cooked through about 20-25 minutes. Make sure to keep spooning the liquid over the chicken while cooking. Let cool for about 5 minutes before serving.