I love to make this Egg White Salad Recipe to have on hand for the week…it’s so filling and I can have it as a snack with crackers or on toast or salad for a lunch. Each 3/4 cup serving is just 2 Points, so it makes a great low calorie prepared food on hand when I don’t have the time or energy to cook something.
This cholesterol free egg salad is made with Vegenaise which is my absolute favorite mayo alternative. But reduced fat mayo works just as fine too. Either way, this is one delicious egg white salad recipe that is key to help keeping you full for just a couple of Weight Watchers Points. Enjoy!
Egg White Salad
An easy and delish alternative to traditional egg salad recipes, this healthier version is made from all egg whites and is incredibly flavorful and filing. Serve on whole wheat toast, on top of greens, or just eat it solo.
- 1 dozen large egg whites, hardboiled and chopped
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 a red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp reduced fat mayo or Veganaise
- 1/4 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine egg whites, celery, red onion and dill.
- In a small bowl, mix together the reduced fat mayo, yogurt, lemon juice, mustards, paprika and salt & pepper.
- Fold mayo and yogurt mixture into the bowl with the egg whites using a rubber spatula. Add in additional salt and pepper as desired.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is ¾ cup
Each serving = 2 Points
PER SERVING: 68 calories; 2.5g fat; 2g carbohydrates; 8g protein; 0g fiber