A popular Italian chicken recipe, traditional chicken Francese is a lightly breaded chicken that is cooked in a wine/lemon/butter sauce. Sound delicious? It is! In order to make it healthier and lower in Weight Watchers Points, I skipped the breading and added some capers for extra flavor. I also used a light butter (Brummel & Brown), which gives all that buttery flavor without the artery clogging fat and cholesterol. This light chicken recipe works very well over some whole wheat pasta with some roasted vegetables added to it (I like mushrooms and zucchini the best). Each serving is just 5 Points for 2 chicken cutlets, which makes this an excellent Weight Watchers dinner recipe! It also can be prepared quickly and easily with little prep work — I love this recipe for hectic weekdays. My lightened up Chicken Francese was a crowd pleaser…the whole family loved it, and I loved how low calorie it was.
This easy and light chicken recipe is so fresh and bright. Delicately seasoned chicken breasts are baked in a lemon/wine/butter sauce and garnished with parsley and capers. It’s low calorie, low carb, and an absolutely delicious Weight Watchers family dinner recipe.
- 1 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into 8 thin fillets
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup fat free chicken broth
- 2 tbsp light butter
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Juice from 2 lemons
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lay chicken breasts side by side on a large cutting board, and cover with plastic wrap. Use a mallet to flatten and thin chicken until they are about ¼” thick.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place into a baking dish that has been sprayed with non-fat cooking spray or an olive oil mister.
- Spread butter evenly over all the chicken cutlets.
- Pour wine, broth, and lemon juice all over the chicken, and then top with the capers.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes to brown the chicken.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Italian
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 2 chicken cutlets
Each serving = 5 Points
PER SERVING: 236 calories; 5g fat; 3g carbohydrates; 35g protein; 0g fiber