This Spicy Maple Glazed Salmon Recipe is a perfect summer dinner idea! The maple glaze is the perfect balance of sweet and tangy, and it’s a great contrast to the flavor of the salmon.
Topped with fresh pineapple and jalapeno, it gets a nice touch of heat and tartness. Served over the soft and mild polenta, you get a very satisfying meal.
Pair it with a light salad or roasted vegetables for a complete dinner. It’s a very easy dish to prepare and it delivers a wonderfully fresh new way to get in those important salmon servings.
I’m not really a fan of fish that tastes “fishy”, so this low calorie salmon recipe was perfect for me. I will absolutely be adding this to my rotation of Weight Watchers Salmon Recipes. Enjoy!
SPICY MAPLE GLAZED SALMON OVER POLENTA
- 1 ½ lbs salmon (cut into 6 fillets)
- 1 18oz log/tube polenta
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chopped
- 1 jalapeno (seeded and sliced into thin strips)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly mist with non-fat cooking spray. Slice polenta log into 18 equally sized rounds. Place onto baking sheet. Season with a bit of salt and pepper. Place into oven and roast for about 12 minutes, or until edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Meanwhile, whisk together maple syrup and mustard in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat broiler.
- Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper and place onto a prepared baking sheet. Brush evenly with about ¾ of the maple glaze and top with pineapple and jalapenos.
- Place under broiler and cook for about 6-8 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily and is cooked through.
- Place cooked salmon on top of polenta and drizzle with remaining maple glaze. Serve immediately.