This Roasted Citrus Herb Chicken Recipe is a lovely dish that is simple enough for a casual weeknight dinner and elegant enough for a dinner party.
Best of all, it is moist, juicy, perfectly flavored, and so low in Points. I will often add chicken drumsticks and thighs into this recipe too, but keep in mind that the Points value I list here is only for the chicken breasts. The thighs and drumsticks would most likely be an extra Point or two. But it’s great if you are serving a lot of people and want to present a variety of different cuts of chicken.
Serve over some brown rice along with some fresh roasted vegetables or a baked potato for a complete meal. But if you want a delicious and flavorful Weight Watchers Chicken Recipe that is so simple to prepare and is really low in Points, then my Roasted Citrus Herb Chicken is an excellent option. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts (cut into 6 fillets)
- 5 cloves garlic (minced
- 2 whole oranges
- 2 whole lemons
- 1 large onion (sliced into thin wedges)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, juice from 1 lemon, juice from 1 orange, sugar, garlic, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken and onion slices in a medium sized casserole dish, and our juice mixture all over, making sure to coat all pieces evenly.
- Slice remaining orange and lemon, and place evenly throughout the chicken pieces.
- Sprinkle all over with thyme, rosemary, and additional salt and pepper (if desired).
- Place in oven, and roast uncovered for about 35 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked through.
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 chicken fillet
Each serving = 1 Point*
*based only on ingredients with an SP Freestyle value