This Roasted Citrus Herb Chicken Recipe is a lovely dish that is simple enough for a casual weeknight dinner and elegant enough for a dinner party. Best of all, it is moist, juicy, perfectly flavored, and just 4 Points per serving. I will often add chicken drumsticks and thighs into this recipe too, but keep in mind that the Points value is only for the chicken breasts. The thighs and drumsticks would most likely be an extra Point or two. But it’s great if you are serving a lot of people and want to present a variety of different cuts of chicken. Serve over some brown rice along with some fresh roasted vegetables or a baked potato for a complete meal. But if you want a delicious and flavorful Weight Watchers Chicken Recipe that is so simple to prepare and is really low in Points, then my Roasted Citrus Herb Chicken is an excellent option. Enjoy!
Roasted Citrus Herb Chicken
Succulent, juicy, herb and citrus roasted chicken that melts in your mouth, and yet is still low in Weight Watchers Points. This is a very easy, healthy dinner recipe that looks and tastes like it took hours to prepare. Scrumptious, yet insanely simple.
- 2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 6 fillets
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 whole oranges
- 2 whole lemons
- 1 large onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, juice from 1 lemon, juice from 1 orange, sugar, garlic, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken and onion slices in a medium sized casserole dish, and our juice mixture all over, making sure to coat all pieces evenly.
- Slice remaining orange and lemon, and place evenly throughout the chicken pieces.
- Sprinkle all over with thyme, rosemary, and additional salt and pepper (if desired).
- Place in oven, and roast uncovered for about 35 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked through.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 35 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 cut of chicken
Each serving = 4 Points
PER SERVING: 203 calories; 3.5g fat; 5g carbohydrates; 32g protein; 0g fiber