Even though summer is officially over, I am still finding lovely heirloom tomatoes at the market, and I wanted to share this amazing tomato salad recipe that utilizes them most deliciously.
I came across the original version of this Heirloom Tomato Salad recipe at In Sock Monkey Slippers, and altered it a bit to make it more Weight Watchers Friendly. Each serving came out to an astonishing 3 Points, and tasted incredible.
This beautiful salad is really dressed to impress with all of it’s stunning colors and textures. But it also comes through on taste and is definitely a crowd-pleaser. It’s perfect for a brunch or potluck, or even as a dinner side dish. And even though it looks like you spent a long time preparing it, it’s surprisingly easy to make. I highly recommend giving this Heirloom Tomato Salad Recipe a try, asap.
Heirloom Tomato Salad Recipe
As delicious as it is lovely, this beautiful heirloom tomato salad makes a lovely brunch side dish recipe, or paired with your favorite fish or chicken entrée. It’s light, but bold in flavor, and surprisingly quick and easy to prepare.
- 5 medium sized heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large ear of corn, cooked
- 1/2 of a small red onion, diced
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and diced
- 1 oz blue cheese crumbles
- 1 small handful basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lay sliced tomatoes onto a large, serving platter.
- Remove kernels from ear of corn, and spread evenly over tomatoes.
- Now sprinkle the plate of tomatoes evenly with the red onion, bacon, basil and blue cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, and salt & pepper. Drizzle the dressing evenly over the salad, and top with a bit more salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 1 cup
Each serving = 3 Points
PER SERVING: 105 calories; 6g fat; 9g carbohydrates; 4g protein; 1.5g fiber