This Italian Marinated Salmon with Couscous Recipe is a perfect, easy and healthy weeknight dinner recipe.
The salmon turns out so moist and flaky with the most delicious flavor. And when served over the whole wheat couscous, it makes for a very satisfying dish. If you are in a pinch, you can make this Weight Watchers salmon recipe even easier by just using a bottle of light Italian salad dressing instead of making the marinade from scratch. But since I like to avoid processed foods and preservatives when I can, I prefer to make the marinade myself.
Each serving is just 8 Points, and it pairs nicely with a light salad or roasted vegetables for a complete meal. Enjoy!
Italian Marinated Salmon with Couscous
Moist, flaky salmon that’s been seasoned with an Italian marinade, broiled, and served over a bed of warm, whole wheat couscous makes for one delicious Weight Watchers dinner recipe.
- 1 1/2 lb salmon, cut into 6 pieces
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, honey, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Place salmon in a shallow dish and pour marinade over top, making sure to evenly coat all salmon pieces. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 1-3 hours.
- Prepare couscous according to package directions, and set aside. Bring a small pot of water to a simmer. Add in the peas, and cook just for about 3-4 minutes. Drain and then toss the peas with the cooked couscous, and season as desired with salt and pepper.
- Preheat broiler and line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place salmon on the foil and spoon the remaining marinade over the salmon pieces.
- Place in oven and broil for about 8-10 minutes.
- Serve each piece of salmon over top 1/3 cup of couscous.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 4oz salmon fillet and 1/3 cup couscous
Each serving = 8 Points
PER SERVING: 363 calories; 14g fat; 24g carbohydrates; 28.5g protein; 4g fiber