This is a great Weight Watchers Easter Brunch Recipe idea!
Cheese, Onion, and Vegetable Egg White Frittata
This light and delicious frittata makes a lovely breakfast, lunch or dinner, and is an ideal recipe for Weight Watchers. Fresh vegetables, onions and sharp cheddar cheese enhance the mild, protein packed egg whites for a wonderful dish.
- 1 cup liquid egg whites
- 2 tbsp chopped onions
- 1/4 cup sliced vegetables or choice
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray an 8” nonstick skillet with cooking spray or an olive oil mister and set over medium high heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg whites, cheese, garlic powder, paprika and salt & pepper.
- Add onions to skillet, and cook until they begin to become tender, about 2 minutes.
- Turn heat to medium, and pour in the egg white mixture. Then gently lay vegetables in the egg whites.
- Cook just until the edges of the egg whites are set, about 2-3 minutes. Then transfer skillet to the oven to finish cooking. Remove just when egg whites have been cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 2
Culinary tradition: Italian
Entire recipe makes 2 servings
Serving size is 1/2 of frittata
Each serving = 3 Smart Points/3 Points
PER SERVING: 136calories; 2g fat; 1g saturated fat; 10g carbohydrate; 1g sugar; 19g protein; 3g fiber