Nothing like taking advantage of the beautiful seasonal fruits this time of year, and combining them in a fresh and colorful salad that will leave your tastebuds begging for more! This Winter Chicken Salad Recipe is not only colorful and lovely, but is absolutely delicious. It’s topped with a sweet and tangy dressing, and is finished off with a nutty crunch from the toasted pine nuts……SO GOOD! I used walnut oil for the dressing, but you can use olive oil if you prefer. I just like the mild added flavor of walnut, and the health benefits that the walnut oil boasts is pretty amazing too. Makes a great Weight Watchers lunch recipe. You can also leave off the chicken, and serve this as a side salad with a fish or chicken dish for dinner. So many tasty possibilities!
Winter Chicken Salad
Fresh, flavorful, and lovely to look at, this colorful salad boasts seasonal fruits tossed with a sweet and tangy dressing. The toasted pine nuts add a fantastic nutty crunch!
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cooked and sliced into strips
- 5 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pear, cored and diced
- 2 persimmons, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tbsp walnut oil (you can use olive oil if preferred)
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Toss well.
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar and honey in a small bowl, and drizzle over the salad. Toss well to coat, and then season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Plate evenly onto 6 plates and serve.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 salad (about 1 1/2 cups)
Each serving = 7 Smart Points/6 Points
PER SERVING: 238 calories; 10.5g fat; 1.1g saturated fat; 15g carbohydrates; 10g sugar; 17.5g protein; 4g fiber