Light, delicate, and extraordinarily delicious, this Sole Piccata Recipe has become a recent family favorite! I picked up some sole on sale at the market, and was trying to decide what to do with it, when I got the idea to try using a piccata sauce, similar to what I’d use on chicken. The sole fish is very mild, as is chicken, so the piccata sauce was the perfect compliment. High in protein, yet light on Points, this dish is not only incredibly simple to prepare, but tastes amazing and requires just a handful of ingredients. Serve it up with some roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a light soup for a complete meal. A great dinner recipe to try if you want to add more heart healthy fish into your diet!
Tender, flaky, moist and perfectly flavored, this sole piccata recipe is a dream. The delicate fish is very low in Points, allowing you to splurge with a heavenly wine and butter sauce. This dish has become our new family favorite!
- 1 lb sole fish, cut into 4 fillets
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp light butter
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Place flour, salt, pepper and paprika in a long, shallow dish, and mix well.
- Pat fish fillets dry with paper towels, and dredge in the flour so that both sides are evenly coated.
- In a large, nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. When oil is sizzling, place fish filets in the pan and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from pan, and set aside.
- Add wine to skillet, scraping up any remaining brown bits. Cook about 3 minutes, or until wine is mostly reduced. Add in lemon juice, capers and butter. Cook until butter has fully melted and sauce is bubbling.
- Pour sauce over fish and serve immediately.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Diet type: Pescatarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 fish fillet with sauce
Each serving = 6 Smart Points/5 Points
PER SERVING: 235 calories; 7.5g fat; 3.6g saturated fat; 9g carbohydrates; .9g sugar; 22g protein; 1g fiber