Lately, I just cannot resist buying those colored carrots at the market. They are so pretty, and my kids think it’s super fun getting colored carrots in their lunch box. So I’m always looking for fun ways to use them in new Weight Watchers Recipes. And this easy Rainbow Carrot Salad Recipe, is not only lovely and delicious, but it comes out to just 1 Point per serving! So light and refreshing, it makes a perfect healthy side dish salad that pairs well with a variety of main courses. Sometimes, I throw in a handful of golden raisins, or shredded green apple for and extra kick! Enjoy.
Rainbow Carrot Salad
Fresh, zesty, and with a hint of creaminess, this delightful carrot salad is lovely and delicious. Takes just minutes to prepare and is a refreshing alternative to traditional side salads.
- 1 large orange carrot, shredded
- 1 large purple carrot, shredded
- 1 large yellow carrot, shredded
- 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp honey
- In a large bowl, combine the carrots and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, orange juice, honey and orange zest. Drizzle over salad and toss well to coat.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, Raw
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1 cup
Each serving = 3 Smart Points/1 Point
PER SERVING: 63 calories; 0g fat; 0g saturated fat; 12g carbohydrates; 8.2g sugar; 1.5g protein; 1.5g fiber