I’m not ashamed to admit that Brussel sprouts are one of mine (and my children’s) favorite vegetables. I make them A LOT, and to keep them from getting too boring, I try to find new ways to prepare them. One of my favorites is this Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Lemon Garlic Dip Recipe. The creamy, tangy, and refreshing dip is the perfect complement to the salty, smoky, bitterness of the Brussel sprouts. Plus, the dip can be made in a pinch, so it’s a great way to jazz up your vegetable side dish with little effort.
Calculating only the dip and the oil for roasting, this dish clocks in at just 1 Smart Point per serving! That’s pretty hard to beat for something so tasty. If you are in need of a healthy, vegetable side dish recipe that is sure to impress, these Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Lemon Garlic Dip are sure to be a hit. Enjoy!
Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Lemon Garlic Dip Recipe
- 1 ½ lbs brussel sprouts - trimmed and quartered
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves - minced
- ¼ cup low fat Greek yogurt - plain
- 2 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise - I used Hellman's
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- Juice from 1/2 of a fresh lemon
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400, and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. In a large bowl, combine brussel sprouts, oil, and 1 garlic clove, tossing with your hands until all the sprouts are evenly coated.
- Pour them onto the prepared baking sheet and season with salt. Place in oven and roast for about 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayo, lemon zest, remaining garlic cloves, lemon and juice. Season with salt to taste, and serve with the brussel sprouts for drizzling or dipping.