This Peruvian Chicken Stir Fry recipe is one of my favorite, and incredibly reliable chicken recipes that deliver an absolutely delicious dish with minimal effort.
Sautéed bell peppers, onions, and tomatoes are so flavorful, and the simple stir fry sauce is low in Smart Points, but big on taste.
This is a great healthy dinner recipe that you can get on the table in less than 30 minutes, looks lovely, and is a big hit with the entire family.
My kids love this over some steamed brown rice, but when I have a few extra Points to spare, I serve it over baked french fries, as is the traditional Peruvian way.
So light, so fresh, so low calorie – this Peruvian Chicken Stir Fry will steal your heart the same way it’s stolen mine. Enjoy!
Peruvian Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken thighs (chopped)
- 1 large red bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 large green bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 large orange bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 large onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro (finely chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large pan. Add in chicken, and season with a bit of salt, pepper and cumin. Cook until chicken is browned, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Add in garlic and cook for a minute. Then add in peppers and onions, and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Now stir in the soy sauce and vinegar, and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the cilantro and tomatoes, and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately.