Perfect for a light summer side salad, this Quinoa Cucumber Tomato Salad is not only incredibly easy to make, it’s super tasty! I love the slight crunch of the quinoa along with the fresh, crisp vegetables. And the simple lemon dressing pulls it all together wonderfully. This salad is a great way for me to get my kids to eat some vegetables and healthy whole grains – they love this dish. And any leftovers go great in their lunch boxes the next day. If you have a few Smart Points to spare, I suggest adding in some feta or goat cheese crumbles for an added kick of flavor. It’s sooooooo good! You could also top it with some grilled chicken, and/or add in some extra roasted veggies like bell peppers and zucchini, to make to a complete meal. This Quinoa Cucumber Tomato Salad works great at BBQ’s, potlucks, parties…you name it. It’s versatile, delicious, healthy, and just 5 Smart Points per serving.
Quinoa Cucumber Tomato Salad Recipe
- 1 cup quinoa - uncooked
- 1 large cucumber - diced
- 1 small red onion - finely diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes - halved
- ¼ cup fresh parsley - finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove - minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 of a fresh lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Set aside until it cools to room temperature.
- Add remaining ingredients to quinoa, and toss well to combine.
The serving size is about 1 cup