Brussel sprouts. It seems that most people either love them or hate them. I fall into the “love them” category, and I’m grateful that my kids do too! There are many ways to prepare them, but my absolute favorite method is roasting.
It brings out the most delicious flavor, and I just cannot get enough of them! In this recipe, I paired them with some sweet potatoes, added some delicious seasonings, and then finished it off by tossing them in red wine vinegar. The flavor combination was spectacular! Something about the earthy, almost bitter taste of the brussel sprouts, with the tender sweetness of the sweet potatoes, just makes this dish mouthwateringly good.
And each serving comes out to just 4 Points. So if you need an easy, yet impressive veggie side dish, this Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes Recipe is a great one to try. Enjoy!
- 1 lb brussel sprouts trimmed
- 1 lb sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400, and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss the brussel sprouts and potatoes with the olive oil, garlic, cumin, and salt and pepper.
- Pour the vegetables onto the baking sheet and roast for about 40-45 minutes, or until browned.
- Place the hot vegetables in a large bowl, and toss with the red wine vinegar. Serve hot.
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 1 cup
Each serving = 4 Points*
*based only on ingredients that have an SP Freestyle value