If you love sushi, then this Asian Salmon Rice Bowl Recipe is going to make your day! It has all the flavors and textures of sushi, but in deconstructed form, and with cooked salmon.
With all the healthy fat and Omega-3’s, this dish is an incredibly heart healthy meal. Plus, it’s super filling, so it will leave you feeling very satisfied. The dressing is what really pulls this bowl together, so make sure not to skimp on that! It’s a little bit salty, a little bit tangy, a little bit sweet, and a little bit spicy…and a whole lot of deliciousness.
Topped with toasted sesame seeds and strips of seaweed paper, each mouthful of this Asian Salmon Rice Bowl is like a symphony of flavors in your mouth. Enjoy!
- 1 lb salmon (cut into 4 fillets)
- 2 cup brown rice (cooked)
- 2 Persian cucumbers (sliced)
- 3 green onions (diced)
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 1 cup sprouts
- 2 sheets nori seaweed paper (sliced)
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- Whisk together the ingredients for dressing and set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat and mist with cooking spray. Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Sear salmon about 3 minutes on each side, depending on thickness.
- Add 1/2 cup rice to 4 bowls. Top each bowl with cucumbers, sprouts, green onions and avocado.
- Place 1 salmon fillet in top of each bowl, and drizzled with prepared dressing. Garnish with sesame seeds and nori strips. Serve immediately
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 bowl
Each serving = 10 Points*
*based only on ingredients that have an SP Freestyle value